On Monday, June 20, 2016, Right 2 Be Smoke-Free Coalition, partnered with CASAA, SFATA, AEMSA, and SEVIA USA, filed a complaint with the U.S. District Court contesting both constitution and administrative violations made within the FDA deeming regulations and Tobacco Control Act. Keller and Heckman Law Firm are leading the suit.
Advocate Dimitris Agrafiotis published the following summary today on his Facebook profile:
- Count I – Violation of Administrative Procedure Act – Grandfather Date
- Count II – Violation of Administrative Procedure Act – Pre-market Authorization Process
- Count III – Violation of Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses – Tobacco Control Act
- Count IV – Violation of First Amendment and Administrative Procedure Act – Ban on Free Samples
- Count V – Violation of First Amendment and Administrative Procedure Act – Modified Risk Tobacco Products
- Count VI – Violation of Administrative Procedure Act – Definition of “Tobacco Product” and Application to ENDS
- Count VII – Violation of Regulatory Flexibility Act – Unlawful Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Count VIII – Violation of Administrative Procedure Act – Unlawful Cost/Benefit Analysis
BRV Liquids has kindly uploaded the document here in its entirety for your review.
To donate to the cause, please visit R2B Smoke-Free Coalition’s website.
We at Bumble Bee Vapor applaud our key advocates for banding together and leading the fight to save vaping! This was a much-needed reprieve from much of the negativity and hostility surrounding our industry these days.